Turkish Coffee Pots – Store With The Best Buying Choices
They are indeed the most essential equipment to make this style of coffee
In this special store I present you the best quality& price choices from AMAZON.
3 general categories to explore:
- Copper pots with wooden handle
- Copper pots with brass handle
- Hand-painted / decorated copper pots
Turkish Coffee Pots – General Essential Facts
They can reward you with an excellent foamy cup of coffee if you know the correct way to use them.
For full details on Turkish coffee pots check my comprehensive cezve/ibrik page.
Basic rule for online shopping Turkish coffee pots:
The volume of the pot is the number one priority that you must figure out.
In order to prevent misunderstandings Ounces should be the primary factor of deciding the correct size of your Turkish coffee pot buying choice.
A Turkish coffee cup can hold 2-3 oz of liquid. Configure the corresponding size of the pot by multiplying accordingly if it is given in cups.
And don’t forget that you also need at least 1 ounce extra room for the coffee to rise.
Example: An 8 ounce pot is suitable for 2 cups (3 oz capacity) of coffee. If the seller states 3 cups then the capacity of the cup is 2 oz.
What are the best buying choices?
AMAZON is full of sellers trying to provide you with Turkish coffee pots of all kinds.
Below you will find a representative sample of all categories that have reasonable prices. I just left out the…rip offs!
Lead free tin. Check if the tin that the manufacturers use is lead free (copper/brass pots). Since this metal is expensive most of them tend to mix it with lead. You might want to ask that prior to your buying decision. Only a few sellers state it on their product description.
COPPER POTS WITH WOODEN HANDLE
- Handle material. Wood is preferable (stays cool to the touch) but most manufacturers use brass or synthetic materials in order to reduce cost.
COPPER POTS WITH BRASS HANDLE
- Attached handle (provides secure grip and precision control when pouring).
Leaking problems usually result from the side where it is attached on the body of the pot. To avoid leaking the handle should be attached with brass rods (above the appropriate water level).
In AMAZON you can also find a superior quality Turkish coffee pots. The following pieces are for people who enjoy having pieces of art in their kitchen.
Some important safety measures you have to consider for your Turkish copper pot:
- DO NOT boil it dry.
- DO NOT place it in a dishwasher. Rinse with tap water without any detergent. Let your pot absorb coffee aromas and flavors.
- DO NOT use metallic utensils to stir your coffee. Use only wood or plastic spoons.
- DO NOT use steel wool or abrasive pads that could scratch it.
- DO NOT use it if you see that the tin wears out. Re-tin it or buy a new one.
Please check the full instructions on copper care in my separate webpage.
Why copper is so important in cookware?
The reason that copper is used so extensively in cooking equipment (not just Turkish coffee pots) is due to its high heat conductive ability. Michael Chu has an excellent article in Cooking for Engineers website called Common Materials of Cookware where he explains in depth lots of viral facts about copper and other materials as well.
In simple words: Using less heat you can make your coffee fast. (Actually, faster than in a stainless steel pot.)
Decorated copper Turkish coffee pots
The following outstanding Turkish coffee pots are beautifully crafted, hand painted and decorated with colorful glazes. These pots are just pieces of art but made for everyday use.
They are unquestionably exceptional from the artistic point of view at least.
These coffee pots need some special attention in order to retain their colorful designs. But otherwise they are easy to care for, as the rest of copper kitchenware equipment.
They are more expensive than the regular copper pots but most definitely worth the price. You will consider buying them as a work of art and not just a mere coffee pot.
- Decorated Turkish coffee pots are the perfect gift for those who appreciate a touch of ritual with their coffee.
- Some people love them so much who don’t use them to make coffee. They just have them as gorgeous, attractive decorative items in their kitchens!
Make sure that you received a quality Turkish coffee pot
When you receive your Turkish coffee pot check these points in order to make sure that you have a trouble-free product:
- Handle must not wobble. Rivets that secure the handle shouldn’t be loose.
- Leakage does not occur (especially from the handle area).
- Even coating of tin inside (copper/brass pots) without bubbles or other marks.
- Bottom balance (hand-made copper pots). As a hand-made product slight imperfections are acceptable. Check though the balance of your pot when empty and fix it accordingly if it is slightly off.
Stainless steel Turkish coffee pots
The following selection is very popular among people of the new generation. They are very easy to use and take care of.
Stainless steel coffee pots are the cheapest of all other types. Most of the Turkish coffee drinking households have a set of them in their kitchens.